Sunday, December 1, 2013

Catapult

By Sadho Ram

Life suddenly seems as if it has come to an unexpected halt.

Everything I do seems to have lost its charm. Or to put it in a better manner, I somehow seem to have lost interest in almost anything that I do or doing these days.

Mistakes have become an active part of my life both personally and professionally. As a result, I feel demotivated, demoralised and defeated... even though there is no war that I am fighting. Or maybe I am. Who knows!

There is also one more thing that is happening, I am losing interest in people in general. I live alone, so I only step out when I need to buy groceries and food items. Other times, I keep myself within the boundaries of my house, locked and glued to my laptop screen, working away the hours of day and at times... night.

I am scared to mingle with people of the outside world.

But that is not what I want to be. I don't want to be scared or to keep myself locked within the boundaries of my house.

I want to live and not just exist.

I am man with dreams in my eyes and purpose in my mind.

I want to break free from the shackles of my own mind and catapult into a free-self, someone who can learn to be empathetic, someone who understands the value of life and people in it... someone who is not afraid to live.

I wish to be catapulted into the world of calm and sanity, where mindlessness has no place and where light shines through even the darkest of nights.

ShareThis